Project Run and Play: Week One - Pockets Full of Sunshine

Remember that scene in 101 Dalmatians (the cartoon one) where they show the owners walking their dogs and all of them look alike? That was my inspiration for this look. When I think of kids and pockets, I think of kids putting random stuff in their pockets for fun. While there's nothing wrong with that at all, I really wanted to think of a way a kid might actually NEED some pockets. Then I thought...dog poop bags! I'm always asking Noemi to carry the dog poop bags in her pockets when we go on walks, because my running shorts don't really have convenient pockets. That led to my second thought...active wear! So I decided to create an activewear look that is both comfortable and has some functional pockets.


I used Sofiona Designs for this look, with a few little tweaks here and there. I used the Clover Hoodie, with a minor change to the sleeves and I left off the bottom band. Then I added the pocket and the adorable puppy patch. For the bra, I used the Wildberries Bralette, but I made the straps thicker, got rid of the ruching on the front, and change the back a smidge to better suit the wider straps. And finally, for the skort, I use the Tamarack Tights for the shorts, and added a little side panel with pocket, and then made an extra wide waistband, with a pinecone skirt over.

Comments

  1. What a darling look. I want it for myself!The pockets on the biker shorts are a nice, clever touch.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts